WHAT MAKES BCG DIFFERENT?
When we started Bay Consulting Group in 1984, we set out to fashion a firm that was completely client-centric. We believed that working closely with clients to surpass their expectations would lead to future work. We then set the bar even higher - we believed that we were only as good as our last job.
We decided to put our effort into adding value to our ongoing projects rather than aggressively promoting the firm. We also decided that this needed supremely qualified, gifted consultants with the highest integrity that could work closely with all levels in an organization. Furthermore, we looked for consultants that could exploit technology to the utmost to further lower the barriers between consultant and client, users and the processes and systems that facilitate their work.
A combination of such planning, agility and opportunism (OK, and luck), has helped us to position Bay Consulting Group as a mid-sized consulting company with superb consultants that can tackle tasks that some clients have defined as “impossible”. We have completed some of the largest and most challenging management consulting projects in the country, provided our clients with sustained support over a number of years and helped them surmount any number of challenges. Our client list includes many large and complex organizations in both the public and private sectors most of whom have used us time and time again.
When asked, our clients say they value our ability to:
- Bring future visions and strategies to life as the basis for delivering results that endure and deliver long-lasting benefits;
- Use advanced marketing techniques to help predict a client‘s future opportunities and threats;
- Craft collaborative approaches that focus a client on their customers’ needs to achieve joint commitment and buy-in to change and its benefits;
- Provide objective cost/benefit analysis based on viable options to assess the best approach to transformation;
- Design effective systems and management measures to support and improve performance;
- Translate best practices into ”right practices” to help achieve goals in “bite sized” steps; and to
- Make multi-layered change happen through carefully managed implementation and value added change and project management.
This kind of feedback helps to confirm that we’ve fulfilled the very challenging mandate that we imposed upon ourselves. That doesn’t mean that we are satisfied, far from it; because our goal remains the same – to keep amazing our clients. More to come ...